Vegan Cheese Sauce
makes about 2 cups
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp cashews, toasted
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- Add oil to a saute pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is heated, add in your chopped onion and red pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper. Saute vegetables for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once vegetables have softened, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer your sautéed mixture to a blender.
- To the blender, also add in the nutritional yeast, cashews, and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth. Serve hot or cold.