Half-Life 2 For Steam on Linux
The first-person shooter Half-Life 2 released for Steam on Linux. I truly enjoyed Counter Strike, and I am going to install Half-Life 2 this weekend. From the release notes:
Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Half-Life 2: LostCoast are now available as a Beta. This beta adds Linux support and converts the game to the new Steam Content delivery system.
Linux users can simply install the games access the beta. For Windows and OS X users right click the game in your Library, choose properties and then go to the Beta tab. Select the SteamPipe beta to start testing. Under Windows and OS X to opt out of testing simply deselect the beta option on this same page.
I think Valve has done a good job, and I’m hoping more game developers will release popular games on Linux.
- Half-Life 2 and Episode One & Two Launched on Linux (news.softpedia.com)
- Half-Life 2 Games Available For Linux (Steam) (webupd8.org)
- ‘Half-Life 2′ Hits Linux, Available on Steam (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Half-Life 2 Games Released For Linux On Steam (phoronix.com)
- Half-Life 2 Linux vs. Windows Screenshot Comparison Tour (news.softpedia.com)