How to watch “American Only” videos in other countries.
Being Canadian is great, all the benefits, 98% less fanatical patriotism. We love our country, but we’re more understated in the pounding that love into your face.
The only thing that kind of sucks about the internet, is that most content is US based, and we’re not American (despite what our politicians might think). The following add-on for Firefox changed the header that the majority of sites use to verify where you’re coming from. IE, I no longer have to go ‘aww damn, can’t view that one!’ when it comes to an online video.
For Foreign viewers, if you are using Firefox, install the following add-on:
Modify Headers then:
1) In Firefox, Go to tools->modify headers
2) From the drop down box on the left select add
3) Then enter: “X-Forwarded-For” in the first input box without the quotation marks
4) Enter: “126.96.36.199” in the second input box without the quotation marks
5) Leave the last input box empty, and save the filter, and enable it
6) Click the ‘Configuration’ tab on the right then proceed to check the ‘always on’ button.
Close the Modify Headers box and you’ll be saying “wow it’s like I am really American!” in a matter of moments.